Friday, August 29, 2014

Look Out World....

                   It has been a little quiet around the old Lodge here for the past month or so, I've been taking the summer off, a sabbatical sort of.  Actually I've just been lazy with the Summer heat, and my old satellite system was 7 years old and in need of an upgrade, it got so slow to load pictures on here I kind of lost interest and patience. Thanks to all you who keep checking in periodically anyways, I do check my stats pretty regular. I see there is always new traffic from around the world reading my nonsense every day, makes you wonder. There is always a bunch of regulars checking in pretty steady too, racking up numerous visits,  like that person in North Vancouver (browser IE, operating system Win 8.1, screen resolution 658x411) or the one in Saskatoon, (you know who you are) and that 'Lodge addict over in Westbank. Then theres the outfits in England, Italy, and Germany that keep checking in. In the last 24 hours there has been 75 visits from 8 states down in the US alone. I'm always curious what traffic comes in if I don't write anything at all, and it does drop off somewhat over time. I see my own activity on there too, racking up multiple visits, seems when I get bored or need a good laugh I always dig back through my own stories an b.s. I have to admit Hotspringlodge is my favorite site, but I may be somewhat bias there.
 Yesterday, I had an installer out to wire in a newer dish and modem, which should speed things up considerably and get me out of my funk. I'm just trying it out now for the first time.
Hmmm, seems to work OK, I guess.
I'm keen to get back to writing stories and posting pictures as the days grow shorter, and I have a bunch of stories buzzing in my head like flies in a jar. However, I need to save some of these stories for the book in progress. (Which you will all be expected to order of course)  But don't go reaching for your cookie jar quite yet, it is aways off still due to my numerous lazy and dry spells, and quite often I just go blank in the head too. I don't know about you, but I'm not getting any younger or healthier, so I had better get stuff writ' down while the going is good.
So....stay tuned dear reader, I'm not done yet.
   
   

9 comments:

  1. you keep writing and I'll keep reading......Now come on lets get going eh! Casey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. While I have your attention here....does anyone have any suggestions? Specifically in regards to say screen resolution settings here? I set it up so it looks good for me, on my large screen. Seems lots of folks out there using them little tiny phone deals, which I don't know how anyone see's anything on. So..,if I can change site resolution or something to increase your viewing enjoyment, let me know.
    I always listen to suggestions, I may not pay any attention, but I always listen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your page loads fine on small phones and a small resolution. The back end to this blog is a system called WordPress and scales to a browser and resolution need. Just as long as you do not use large native images it will always show up fine.

    From your NV stalker :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. love reading your stories and seeing all the old pic`s
    coming up soon. closer to the end of September see you then


    hay I`m from northvan to :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll take your word for it, you kind of lost me after the Your page loads fine part.
    Well I didn't see you NV Stalker...I have to come clean, I have two free stat sites that I go by, and average that. You get what you pay for, and the results vary wildly. So in actual fact, including those folks out there that block shady tracking sites like me, I hardly have a clue to how many visits there are, or where the hell they come from. Thanks for the comment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Book, shmook. I'll believe it when I see it! I've been hearing about that book for how many years now?

    ReplyDelete
  8. That would be about 15 years for you, I didn't do anything about for quite awhile. You just watch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. One of these days I'll be back and I'd sure like to see -something- that resembles a book. Only 15? Feels like longer.
    Alex got married this summer! and two grandkids 9 and 5 already. How did that happen?

    ReplyDelete